It was the most exciting thing-you couldn't even believe our excitement! We were getting gas and my phone rang. I looked to see who it was and yelled. "It's Austin, it's Austin!" as I was jumping. Mike yelled, "well answer it, answer it" I did, and yelled, "Austin Michael Peyton".
He is now in Delta Company using M4 instead of M16. He is just below the Special Forces. He said he is getting worked. He was very upbeat.
I didn't want to talk to long because I didn't know how much time he had, so I passed it to Mike. They talked for about 15 minutes. The Drill Sergeant came in and he put the phone by his side and Mike heard him yell, "Yes Drill Sergeant Sir." It was great to hear it (or hear someone else yell at him:] He is looking forward to receiving pictures of Erica and his family.
This week we will be getting his address so everyone can start writing letters. We are so PROUD of him and excited for him to be accomplishing something he has wanted to do since he was 5 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment