Monday, March 8, 2010

Fun, Relaxation, Craziness in Oceanside!

We were very lucky to use my parents timeshare in Oceanside for a few days. We left Thursday and headed to the San Diego Zoo for the day!



Mike and I are not big on heights, but the kids wanted to do this so bad, especially Jacob.

Hippos and panda bears (not pictured just the area)

My kids always have to put a twist on things, so this is how they rode up the escalator!

The elephants!

The kids loved sitting in the front row to see the animals (macaw's and a seal)

We had to take advantage of the pool--I was freezing-Mike thought it was hilarious!


Sea World On Friday!

Sharks!

Sea lion show and Journey to Atlantis ride-Tyler will tell you EVERY DETAIL!

SHA--MU, SHA--MU, I heard this for the rest of the weekend. Tyler wanted to sit in the 3rd row of the soak zone. I was in the 16th row of the soak zone. They came out SOAKING WET!!!

Every penny machine had to be used. I am always sad when we take family pictures without Austin-it is just not the same:(


That night we walked to the beach and hung out for a while.


San Luis Rey Mission on Saturday!

Tyler is in the fourth grade so he gets to do a mission. What perfect timing for our trip to go and visit and get pictures on the mission. I think Mike and I were more excited about it then Tyler:/


Then a walk on the Pier to go to Ruby's for an early dinner-it seemed like we were walking for miles. It was so cold.


Off to Sea World one more time before we leave on Sunday!
Since you pay for one day and get the rest of the year free we thought we should go once more. there was a couple of things we missed so we went back to see--IN THE RAIN!

Touching star fish, looking at the aquarium, dolphins (which was hard for me to see, because I have the same picture with Mike and Austin, 9 years ago), and petting stings rays!

Jacob insisted on finding EVERY SINGLE PUDDLE!!!!! I didn't mind the sprinkling when we got there but pouring down rain we got to go!

Gunner sound asleep in daddy's arm! He was so hyper when we got home.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Erica!!!!! We didn't have to worry about Gunner because she came over to watch, play, sleep,and pick up poop for us, so we could go on this trip. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

caryn said...

Looks like you all had a great time. What a fun vacation, especially when Ruby's is involved :)

The Kilgore's said...

Love the pictures!! We both said what fun you guys must of had. So glad that you guys could go!! Love hanging out with the kids Sat. night!

Amanda Weir said...

Looks like you guys had a fun and crazy time. Love the pictures.

jenni bishop said...

Awesome trip!!! So glad you were able to do that!