Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Birthday!!!

Early this week we went out with our friends, Jay and Dawn, her birthday was on Monday. So we celebrated together!!!!! We went to Wabi Sabi for dinner, then walked around Victoria Gardens!!!

So my loving husband left me a letter by the bed Friday morning, stating we have dinner reservations at 6:30 at Flemings Restaurant in Victoria Gardens and to pack an overnight bag for a stay somewhere. The kids will be taken care of by Aaron and Jenni, so pack for them, too. First thought, "oh, my hubby is so sweet", then reality set in--You can't dump this on me on the same day, I need to be mental prepared to leave my kids, I need to clean the house (I can't come home to a messy house), do laundry (so I don't have a massive pile when we come home), what the heck do I wear, was Jenni really o.k. with watching my kids, and then begin to pack for four.


It all worked out!! This is at Jenni's, as we are about to leave.
Dinner was amazing. Mike had a Rib-Eye and I had Fillet Mignon!


Off to the next Surprise---The Christmas House!! We stayed here on our Wedding Night, as Mike likes to put it, "We are returning to the scene of the Crime"


Mike made these awesome chocolate covered strawberries
early at the Bakery.

I couldn't figure out the timer on my camera, so we have this nice close up!
Good Night!

Right outside our room is the Library and it was set up for a nice breakfast.

We started with a baked pear strussel, then a baked omelet--Yummy!!

Then I came home to a nice surprise--this sign on my garage and our trees wrapped with streamers---Thank you Ali and family for thinking of me!

Then to end our evening we went to the Coffee Klatch to hear my brother Jared's band play! It was very relaxing and the kids enjoyed running around!


The whole family was pretty much there--a few missing:(


I had an awesome birthday!!! My husband did an amazing job pulling this off without me finding out. I am so BLESSED to have a man love me the way he does.

Thank you Aaron and Jenni for making my kids feel welcome and comforting the ones who needed a little extra TLC.

3 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Aimee I glad you had a great Birthday. That was so nice of Mike. Love you.

caryn said...

I am glad you had a great birthday...good job Mike! I hope Jacob survived without you :)

jenni bishop said...

Glad you guys had a great time! Happy Birthday! The kids were great!